The ED3 Active Extremity Dosimeter provides monitoring of Hp(0.07) for betas and gammas on the extremities.
Monitoring the extremities is extremely important when handling radiopharmaceuticals, in cardiology, oncology and glove box work as whole body dose may underestimate the extremity dose, especially when there are high dose gradients.
Features at a glance
- Real-time readout for 1—2 detectors*
- Real-time monitoring for ALARP
- Measures Hp(0.07)
- Detectors are removable for decontamination or replacement
- Software included for data analysis
- Better dose assessment in high dose gradient environments
- Facilities training
- Detectors come pre-calibrated & are interchangeable on the ED3 unit
* Detectors must be of the same type.
- Interventional Radiology
- Radiation therapy
- Nuclear Medicine
- Glove Box Applications
- High Dose Gradient Environments
ED3 System Detectors
The ED3 Electronic Dosimeter has been designed to operate, display and collect measurement readings from 2 detector types, Probes come pre-calibrated and are interchangeable on the ED3 electronics unit:
D1 – Suitable for most Hp(0.07) extremity dose equivalent requirements in Medical Physics & Glove Boxes
D4 – Suitable for some X-ray Hp(0.07) extremity dose equivalent requirements in Medical Physics & Glove Boxes
|Radiation Measured||Gamma||Gamma, X-ray and beta|
|Dose Range||0.0 μSv to 1 Sv Hp(0.07)||0.0 μSv to 1 Sv Hp(0.07)|
|Dose Rate Range||0.0 μSvh⁻¹ to 100 mSvh⁻¹ Hp(0.07)||0.3 μSvh⁻¹ to 100 mSvh⁻¹ Hp(0.07)|
|Energy Response||60 keV to 1.25 MeV||X-rays – 33keV to 60keV|
|Detector||2x Silicon diodes||2x Silicon diodes|
|Active area of detectors||7.0mm²||7.0mm²|
|Temperature Range||±20% from 0ºC to 40ºC||±20% from 0ºC to 40ºC|
|Maintenance||Annual calibration & physical checks||Annual calibration & physical checks|
|Beta Response||-||90Sr + 90Y Beta response: 0.31 of true beta dose Hp(0.07)|
- Real time monitoring for dose of record or ALARA
- Better dose assessment in high dose gradients
- Easy to wear
- Dose chain of custody
- Facilitates training
Self Test & Alarms
- Low Battery
- Missing Probe
- Dose & Dose Rate Alarm
- Dose & Dose Rate Overload
The ED3 is RoHS compliant, but the D1 probe is exempt (Annex IV – Lead, cadmium and mercury in detectors for ionising radiation.)
Component suppliers provide individual certificates for all the ic’s, passive components etc. but there is no separate certificate for the completed product, this is covered by the CE mark.
This is the current version information for the ED3 system.
- Quick Start Guide Version:- 1.2.1
- User Guide Version:- 2.3
- ED3 Firmware Version:- 2.10
- ED3 PC Application Version:- 2.6
Please contact JCS for download links if you need an updated version of any of the above.