DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS
John Caunt Scientific Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of business (Link) and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on the processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller: A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor: A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject: Natural person
JCS: John Caunt Scientific Ltd (JCS Nuclear Solutions)
Categories of data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories of personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
Who are we?
John Caunt Scientific Ltd. is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our For all data matters contact our Data Representative on firstname.lastname@example.org / +441617633334.
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- We have your information (e.g. email and name) because you are either a user of our products or have expressed an interest in JCS and what we do.
- Your information is held in our secure CRM system and in our newsletter app.
- We keep this information for marketing purposes for five-years, at which point we will contact you to reconfirm that we can continue to keep it.
- You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by using the link on the emails we send.
- You can request to see your information at any time and we will correct any mistakes you tell us about. You can also request to be excluded from any marketing processing or ask for your personal information to be removed entirely.
- If you have bought product from us your personal data may have been sent to the nearest distributor to you (which might be outside the European Economic Area) in order to process your order.
The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data (relating to company email, company address and phone number(s))
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and not shared anywhere.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep this information for marketing purposes for five-years, at which point we will contact you to reconfirm that we can continue to keep it.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to do so will prevent you receiving product updates, announcements and JCS newsworthy communications.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Representative on email@example.com/ +441617633334.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.