MCA for SiPMs
Announcing the new Brightspec Topaz-SiPM, a miniature MCA designed specifically for SiPM detectors
TOPAZ-SiPM is a compact, stand-alone digital Multi-Channel Analyser (MCA), that is able to perform Pulse Height Analysis (PHA) of the signal produced by scintillation detectors which incorporates Si devices as photomultipliers (SiPMs). These type of scintillators can use standard crystals such as NaI(Tl), CsI(Tl), BGO, LaBr3 (Ce), LaCl3(Ce), etc.
With a size of only 7 x 4.5 x 2.6cm, the Topaz-SiPM is the smallest of the Topaz MCA series and very likely the smallest fully-featured MCA on the market today.
- Two modes of acquisition: Pulse Height Analysis (PHA) and Multi-Channel Scaling (MCS)
- Up to 4096 channels
- Analogue amplification factor from 1 to 16
- Digital pulse processing using the traditional trapezoidal shaper
- Built-in digital Baseline Restorer (BLR) and Pile-Up Rejector (PUR)
- Advanced baseline noise reduction techniques to improve performance with noisy SiPMs
- 5V low-ripple, low-noise supply for the SiPM preamplifier
- Additional programmable External I/O can be used as an external counter input or SCA output
- USB 2.0 communications interface
- Powered from the PC via the USB cable
- Size: 70 x 45 x 26mm, PCB alone is 63 x 39mm
The PCB board alone is available separately to OEM customers.