We wanted to reassure you that in respect of the spread of COVID-19 outbreak we are focused on two things: the health and welfare of both our customers, suppliers and staff; and our ability to continue to support customers and suppliers in all scenarios. We are therefore sharing with you some of the specific actions that we have taken.
We have a Business Continuity Plan in place and we are confident we can ensure continued operational effectiveness. Our plan identifies the requirements for the business to function under different scenarios.
- We are able to work remotely without disruption to communications or IT infrastructure
- We are in daily contact with our principal suppliers regarding the ability to support existing manufacture and deliveries
- We are in daily contact with our customers who are expecting deliveries of equipment
- We are communicating with our customers potential disruption to our ability to supply
- We have identified urgent parts and spares that we need to hold stock for, to provide continuity of supply
- Where we cannot secure stock of parts, or are experiencing longer lead times, we are communicating this to our customers
- We are ensuring that we support our supply chain in terms of their own business continuity plans
- We have cancelled all external travel and site visits in line with government recommendations
- We have abundance of digital tools and platforms available for telecommunications and web conferences, especially for our customers who are working from home, including email, GoToMeeting conferencing, Skype, MS Teams and our regular phone numbers
- We can happily set up screen shares and video conference calls to keep technical meetings and discussions active
- We have a secure online project management platform for external collaborations on larger projects.
JCS is a small business, as are a number of our key partners and suppliers. We are very grateful for the support we have received from our customers and supply chain. We are very proud to be a part of such a supportive community and will continue to do all we can to offer support in these unprecedented times.
We ask our customers and suppliers to be understanding in the inevitable disruption we are all experiencing, and feel confident that we are doing everything we can to enable business continuity. During this time, we recognise flexibility is more important than ever, and the health and well-being of all our team and external is our utmost priority.